Make your vacation stress-free by renting a car from Hertz. There are many different types of rentals available, including hatchbacks, SUVs, sedans, bakkies, and more. Without sacrificing safety, we have a car that fits your budget. Here are some fun holiday planning ideas that won’t cost a fortune.
- Self-Guided Scenic Drives: Cape Town and its surrounding areas offer stunning scenic drives that you can explore at your own pace. Consider driving along Chapman’s Peak Drive, the Garden Route, or the Cape Peninsula. These routes offer breathtaking views and plenty of photo opportunities.
- Picnic in Natural Reserves: Pack a picnic and head to natural reserves like Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden or Silvermine Nature Reserve. Enjoy a meal surrounded by nature without the need for expensive restaurant dining.
- Free Beach Exploration: With your rental car, you can easily access various beaches along the coast. Explore less crowded and less commercialized beaches, such as Noordhoek Beach or Scarborough Beach, and enjoy a day of sun and surf.
- Local Markets: Cape Town has a variety of local markets where you can enjoy affordable street food, crafts, and local products. Check out the Old Biscuit Mill, Hout Bay Market, or the Oranjezicht City Farm Market.
- Hiking and Nature Exploration: Use your rental car to access hiking trails and nature reserves around Cape Town. Places like Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, Helderberg Nature Reserve, and Newlands Forest offer beautiful trails for nature enthusiasts.
- Cape Point and Wildlife Viewing: Visit Cape Point, where you can see the famous Cape of Good Hope. The entrance fee is reasonable, and you can also spot wildlife such as baboons and ostriches in the area.
- Affordable Accommodation: Having a car allows you to stay in more budget-friendly accommodations outside of the city center. Consider guesthouses, hostels, or self-catering apartments in areas like Rondebosch, Milnerton, or Sea Point.
- Explore Cape Town’s Suburbs: Take time to explore Cape Town’s various suburbs. Each has its own charm and unique attractions. Visit Kalk Bay for its art galleries and quirky shops, or Woodstock for its street art and vibrant atmosphere.
- Climb Lion’s Head: Hike up Lion’s Head for panoramic views of Cape Town and Table Mountain. The trail is free, and it’s a popular spot for sunrise or sunset hikes.
When renting a car from Hertz, there is no need to be concerned about accessibility. We have locations throughout the Western Cape, including Cape Town, Hermanus, Century City, Stellenbosch, and Cape Town International Airport. Discover Cape Town, choose the branch that’s most convenient for you, to make memories.