All renters intending to cross any international borders with a Hertz vehicle are required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information and documentation:
- Reservation/Confirmation number#
- Please list border/s being crossed
- Date of 1st border crossing
- Scanned copy of renters ID/Passport
- Scanned copy of renters valid unendorsed drivers licence
- Proof of renters residence (required for Fines redirection)
Please note that requests of this nature are only attended to Mon-Fri 08h00-17h00 and a minimum of 48 hours (2 business days) notice, prior to the required border crossing date, is required.
- An Over Border fee of R1600.00 will be applied on each successful cross border authorisation issued
- All rented vehicles from Hertz Southern Africa that are taken to Namibia or Botswana are subjected to the Terms and Conditions of these countries.
- None of the rented Hertz vehicles will be allowed to enter into Zimbabwe, Angola or Zambia
- Any rented Hertz vehicle crossing the border into Swaziland, Lesotho or Mozambique must be returned to a Hertz branch within South Africa, Botswana or Namibia.
- Standard Terms and Conditions determine that charges will be charged in respect of damage and or loss that may occur within South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho and or Mozambique.
- The renter is liable for any over border charges levied by the Police, Customs and Traffic Department of country/countries entering, exiting, and during time spent in country/countries, including all and any taxes, fines and penalties.
- Please note that the Toyota Quantum 10 seater is not allowed to go outside the borders of South Africa.
- Excluded from the aforementioned charges are; Impounding of the rented vehicle by Border Officials, and Parts stripped from the rented vehicle whilst the vehicle is left unattended.
- Hertz vehicles terminating in Namibia, Botswana on South African Rental Agreements and vehicles terminating in South Africa on Namibian, Botswana Rental Agreements are subject to the standard one-way drop off fee. One-ways to Mozambique are not allowed.
- Permission to travel in the approved countries is subject to the road type being suitable for the car type rented. The customer will be held liable for any and all damage or loss and or recovery of said vehicle should the vehicle be deemed to have been used on an unsuitable road, particularly if a certain type of vehicle is required for the terrain. The waivers do not cover damage caused while the vehicle is being driven on an untarred road or a road that was not suitable for the type of vehicle.
- Should the customer have ended up in an area where a bigger and/or high clearance vehicle is actually a requirement and such vehicle is dispatched to the customer as a replacement vehicle, the customer will be liable for all costs during the period that the replacement vehicle was dispatched, used and returned.
- Should the renter experience any problem with the Hertz vehicle outside South African/Namibian borders, please only contact Hertz South Africa or Hertz Namibia.
- All repair costs and costs of returning the vehicle to Hertz South Africa, Hertz Botswana or Hertz Namibia will be for customer’s account, if such repairs were necessitated through the fault, negligence or recklessness of the renter and/or as a direct or indirect result of the renter’s breach of the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement/or when the vehicle has been repaired without prior written consent of Hertz. Any repairs must be pre-approved by management of Hertz South Africa and/or Hertz Namibia and/or Hertz Botswana.